Lahore (LHCBA): The “All Punjab Lawyers Representatives Convention” is held on 27th March, 2021 (Saturday) under the auspices of Lahore High Court Bar Association, Lahore.
In the convention it is unanimously resolved:-
1. Immediate release of arrested advocates of Islamabad.
2. All FIR’s against the advocates of Islamabad are to be quashed/withdrawn immediately. Further held that provisions of Anti-Terrorism Act were not applicable in the instant matter and should have been immediately removed.
3. Suspended licenses of the advocates are to be restored immediately and/or contempt proceedings withdrawn.
4. Chambers of the lawyers at Islamabad are not to be demolished till allotment of alternate chambers to the advocates.
5. All Punjab Lawyers Representatives stand with the decisions of Islamabad Bar Council, Islamabad High Court Bar Association and Islamabad Bar Association. Lawyers collectively will support and represent their colleagues in solidarity in court and other proceedings as required.
6. Code of Civil Procedure (Punjab Amendments) Ordinance 2021 be withdrawn within 15 days herefrom; otherwise, lawyers will take stern action against those who legislated this absurd law and/or boycott the courts.
7. House demands immediate elevation of competent, honest and well reputed lawyers as Judges of Lahore High Court, Lahore.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?